Amber Necklace Benefits and Adults- Amber, often thought of as a mineral, or a gemstone (precious or semi-precious stone), is actually a fossil resin, originated from trees, mainly pines, and also leguminous plants that have undergone polymerization when buried for millions of years. They are estimated to have existed since the Stone Age. In amber, it is possible to find, besides plant species, insects and other fossilized microorganisms, which makes this item quite unique.
This mineral called amber is widely used in ornamental pieces such as pendants, earrings, and necklaces. And today let’s talk about the amber necklace, which is an accessory well known to the dads and moms of small children. Let’s see why:
What is amber necklace
The amber necklace is an accessory that many parents guarantee, it helps a lot to relieve pain and discomfort of the baby, especially in the teething phase. This is why it contains succinic acid, a chemical compound that helps strengthen the immune system by acting as a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory. When in contact with the skin, there is the release of this substance in the body.
But not only amber is used for therapeutic purposes. Adults can also benefit from this mineraloid as well as pets. It is believed that an amber collar on pets can be used as a preventative method for fleas because amber contains terpene, a natural repellent widely used in insect repellent products.
However, to achieve these benefits, it is necessary to verify the authenticity of the piece and whether it comes from the Baltic region.
Benefits of amber for adults and children
Although there is no scientific research yet to prove the benefits of using the amber paste, it is known that succinic acid is a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic, and is present in 11% of the amber.
The advantages of using the amber necklace for children are:
- Analgesic effect, which can be useful, mainly to soften painful processes, such as birth of teeth;
- Soothing effect;
- It has action on the immune system, strengthening the body, preventing flu, colds, among other diseases;
- It has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic power.
In the case of adults, besides the anti-inflammatory and analgesic benefits, the amber paste can be useful for:
- Treating pains, such as arthritis, rheumatism and tendonitis;
- Strengthen the immune system;
- Help in cell renewal, since it is antioxidant;
- Reduce the negative action of others by means of energy balance.
How to Buy and Use the Amber Necklace on Babies
Among the measures to be taken, if you choose to use amber in babies, they are checking the authenticity of the piece at the time of purchase. It is essential that it be a necklace of Baltic amber, to be able to take advantage of succinic acid.
Another important thing to check is the size of the beads, which should not be too large or too small, and have knots between them to prevent the beads from loosening and the baby trying to put some of them in their mouths.
The size of the necklace should be the size of the baby’s neck, neither too fair nor too tight. It is important to check if the clasp is a cylindrical pin that closes the attachment, as they are more difficult to open.
The collar should be placed on the skin and not on the clothing as it needs to warm up, in contact with body temperature.
Never leave the baby alone using the collar, remove it to sleep and also when it cannot be close to the child.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can the child wear this necklace?
The amber necklace is suitable for babies older than three months, provided they are always supervised since children put objects in their mouths and can suffocate with such objects.
How to tell if the necklace is authentic Baltic amber?
There are merchants that present a guarantee certificate at the time of purchase.
Special tips and care
Here are some tips to make good use of the amber necklace:
- Hygiene – To sanitize the parts, it is recommended to wash in running water, with salt and to dry in the sun.
- Care of use – It is essential to avoid the use of the paste in swimming pools because chlorine wears the parts. Cosmetics such as moisturizers, creams, and soaps can compromise the proper functioning of succinic acid, so do not let the paste contact these products.
- Suitable size – For children under 4 years, the ideal size is 33 centimeters, while the largest can wear necklaces with 38 centimeters.
- Safety – Note however that some medical professionals do not recommend the use of the amber necklace before the age of 4 or 5, as there is a risk of the child swallowing a piece or being suffocated. However, anyone who wants to use this accessory in small children should always remember to follow the safety rules and supervise the small one always. Consult a trusted pediatrician if you want to know his or her opinion about the usefulness or otherwise of the piece, as well as its effectiveness