How to Have Thick Legs – The standards of feminine beauty have changed so much that now what women crave, beyond having a slim body, is a well-formed and curvilinear body. Here we present some tips to achieve this goal not only through exercise but food. We know that each woman is different and that their bodies do not react equally to each other, often depends on their genetics, so this brief guide covers the different types of bodies that women have.
If you have an exuberant body, do not try to hide it; Start exercising and have a good diet to look even better.
What Exercise Gets Skinny Legs Bigger
If your physical frame is thin, you have nothing to worry about either; You can have a voluptuous body by making some modifications in your lifestyle. Remember that the most important thing is that you feel comfortable and safe with your appearance, regardless of the shape you have chosen.
How to Have Thick Legs and Why is it healthy to have thick legs?
Increase strength in the lower body train
The muscles that are located in the legs are the largest that your body has, so when you exercise you are contributing to your metabolism work better and you can burn more fat. When the muscle tissue is strengthened, the metabolic functions of the body are improved.
Improves performance in many sports
Activities such as running, dancing or lifting weights, demand a specific physical form. With strong legs you can practice these sports in a more efficient way and develop more resistance.
It decreases the risk of cardiovascular diseases
When the weight is not concentrated in the abdomen but distributed in the hips and legs, there is less risk of suffering from these diseases and diabetes.
Sugars degrade more quickly
It has been concluded that women with voluptuous and toned hips and legs have more adequate circulatory processes. It increases the production of substances that help metabolize sugar, and there are also lower levels of bad cholesterol.
Saves pain and discomfort in old age
Over the years, deterioration of the joints and bones is imminent. However, the negative impact of conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis can be reduced if during your life you dedicate time to strengthening your legs.
These large muscles help decrease the direct impact of body weight on the knees.
The bone system has better support
Being surrounded by worked and toned muscles, the bones are better protected. These muscles also help to have a stronger center, which improves the health of the spine and reduces the possibility of suffering injuries in any region of the back.
How to quickly gain weight in the legs and hips?
Body weight directly depends on the daily amount of calories you eat in your diet. Therefore, if you want to gain weight you need to consume more calories than you spend. An increase of 250 to 300 calories will be enough to exceed the daily caloric expenditure.
However, during this process it is necessary to be very careful. When you eat in excess you can not decide which parts of your body will concentrate the grams you gain, the most natural thing is that when you gain weight you retain your genetic form with a bit of increased size.
That is to say, if you have a large torso and thin legs, it is possible that by increasing weight these conditions are reinforced. If the volume is naturally concentrated in hips and legs, the extra weight will also stay in these areas.
Keep a good record of the calories you consume
The body converts calories into the energy needed to perform each of its internal and external functions. Breathing, circulation, digestion, movement and muscle activities are processes that take calories as fuel to be done.
If during the day you do not spend all the energy that you ingested through food, the calories will be stored in the fat cells, which causes them to increase in size and make the change in weight visible.
To give you an idea of these proportions, we can say that for every 3,500 calories in excess you will increase more or less a pound of fat in your body. The time that this process takes depends on your eating habits.
One factor to keep in mind is that in women the effects of this weight gain are much more visible than in men and this condition is reinforced as we get older.
Recommendations regarding food
- Eat healthy but in larger portions than you currently consume. To grow muscles you need a higher amount of calories, which means that the three main meals are not enough; You need a couple of snacks in the day. Many coaches recommend five meals a day.
- To maintain control of the energy you spend with respect to what you eat, you can use a calorie counter application in which you can also enter the exercises you perform and the water you drink.
- Prevent your weight gain from occurring through unhealthy foods. One of the most frequent errors when it comes to gaining muscle, is not to discriminate between healthy and harmful sources of calories.
- Make sure that every dish of food does not miss vegetables such as corn, carrots or spinach, it also includes fruits, whole foods, dairy products and good protein resources.
- To acquire the added calories you must give flight to your creativity. Put nuts in your breakfast, eat a whole-grain toast with peanut butter or add a dairy product to your snacks . In this way you will be able to extend the caloric intake in the healthiest way.
The most recommended foods to gain weight
Peas, legumes, cottage cheese , eggs, lean meats, prepared protein shakes, salmon, chicken breast, nuts, fish and turkey. Keep in mind that to be truly healthy, you must prepare them carefully.
It is not convenient to take your chicken breast, fry it and brew it. The best thing is to cook it and accompany it with good steamed vegetables or your favorite fruits.
Sources of carbohydrates
Cereals, in general, can be considered healthy sources of carbohydrate. Consume brown rice, couscous, cereal without sweeteners, flakes of oats, quinoa, potatoes or wholemeal bread.
Sources of fat
In a good diet it is not necessary to eliminate the fat but to select the appropriate sources. The fatty acids present in fish, in raw nuts and their butters and extra virgin olive oil.
Use them in the preparation of your meals to obtain all their nutritional benefits. These fats will not cause you to have a harmful weight gain, as it can happen with foods such as junk foods.
It is not a secret that vegetables are the best choice in any nutritional regimen, regardless of whether you are looking to lose or gain weight. The antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are in vegetables help muscle growth after exercise.
Eat some green vegetables like broccoli, lettuce, cabbages, spinach, Swiss chard or watercress, tomatoes and carrots will do your organism a lot of good.
How to have thick legs without affecting your health?
When you try to gain weight in specific areas and in a balanced way, you should focus on building muscle tissue instead of accumulating fat. For this, it is necessary to accompany the caloric increase with an exercise program designed especially for your needs.
How much protein should you consume per day?
The ideal amount of this macronutrient depends on your weight. A good rule of thumb is that for every pound (454 g) that you weigh, you should consume 0.5 g of protein per day, this way you will achieve that the exercise has notorious effects because it stimulates the growth of the cells.
In addition to animal protein, you can add a shake with a protein mixture that helps you optimize time and supplement your diet.
How to tone and thicken the hips and legs?
A strong localized training on the muscles of these regions, will strengthen them and tone them with the passage of time. Remember to inform your coach about your goals and expectations so that the exercise routine focuses directly on the places you want.
What intensity should the physical routine have?
The training plan can be carried out at least two or three times a week. For optimal results do it for four days.
If you do not have the habit of exercising, the series of each movement should not be so long. At first you will surely recommend cycles of 10 or 12 repetitions without lifting any weight; after the second or third week you can increase the degree of difficulty.
As the weight you raise increases, the repetitions should be decreased, this in order to promote muscle growth. Keep in mind that to maintain harmony in the body structure you must also exercise the upper body.
Another important part of the training is to perform cardiovascular exercises. The most recommended are walking, cycling or training on the elliptical following an intense rhythm. This can be done between 15 and 30 minutes in each workout.
In addition to promoting the activation of each of the muscle groups of the body, you will enhance the functioning of your respiratory system.
What are the biggest obstacles to achieving muscle growth?
The natural form that the body has can be classified into several types. For some of them it is more difficult to develop muscle growth while others achieve it in less time. However, this factor can be counteracted by making changes in nutrition that favor muscle nutrition.
For example, when you finish your physical training, eat a delicious shake or snack with a good load of protein. That will be the ideal fuel for your muscles to increase in size.
The lack of rest
Another fundamental factor for your body to function well internally and externally, is to rest enough. During adolescence, the body requires between 8 and 10 hours to recover from a daily routine, but when it reaches adulthood, it takes between 6 and 8 hours.
The lack of hydration
Along with good nutrition and a well-planned exercise routine, it is essential that you keep your body hydrated. Before, during and after any physical activity, you must consume a good amount of water.
What to eat and how to train depending on your body type?
|Body type||How to train?||What to eat?|
|When you gain weight, your gluteal size increases.||Since you already have the expected size, you need to tone your buttocks and thighs. To do this you must combine strength training with cardio exercises.||The ideal diet for this type of body includes whole foods, fruits and vegetables; In addition to the three main meals, try to consume two or three small and very healthy snacks.|
|When you gain weight, you notice first in the stomach area.||If you have this characteristic, you should start by decreasing the size of the abdomen so that it is not more prominent than the hips. You will need a workout that includes abs and intense exercises for legs and hips.||You need a diet in which vegetables and proteins predominate.|
|The weight is concentrated in the thighs.||This type of body requires more duration than intensity in training. You can focus on the gluteal area because at the same time the tissues of the legs are strengthening.||Give priority to lean proteins, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.|
|You gain weight in the upper body, especially in the chest and arms.||For these cases, it is recommended that the cardio routine not be so extensive. Training should focus on working with weights to ensure growth and strengthening of muscle groups of interest.||Avoid very salty or sugary foods, consume plenty of water and dose the food in small portions.|
|When you can not gain weight under any condition.||For the cases of people with very accelerated metabolisms, cardiovascular exercises are not recommended. The ideal is to work intensely with weights so that the muscles increase in size.||In these cases, it is recommended to consume foods rich in healthy fats and starches. Remember that the calories you consume should come from healthy sources and, if it is the case, exceed a little the amount of daily calories to achieve the increase in weight.|
Tips to boost your physical training
- When you feel that your body got used to a routine or does it too easily, you need to make it a little harder. Muscle growth occurs when the tiny fibers are broken and larger ones are built and strengthened.
- A key to know that the movement you make is having an effect, is a burning sensation that the muscles experience when stimulated. Intensity and perseverance are the keys to success.
- Do not demand more when you are a beginner. In your first training sessions, do not use weight, you should put it progressively when your body asks for it.
- Keep in mind that there is a big difference between getting your body to the limit healthy and causing injury. Go to a professional person on the subject to help you identify when you should stop.
- Make sure you execute the exercises with correct technique. To do this, check with your coach or check video tutorials.
- Remember that work and pain should be felt only in the muscles. When your bones or joints hurt when you practice a movement, you may be doing it incorrectly, which can cause serious injuries.
- Answer the signals of your body. When the weight you use prevents you from doing a complete exercise, you need to reconsider if it is excessive. Do not rush to see the results. Changes require time and a lot of discipline.
The most recommended exercises to increase legs and hips
Squats in all its variants
They are complete exercises when it comes to strengthening the muscles of the lower train. The quadriceps, glutes, and calves are stimulated simultaneously. Each of its variations offers a different benefit.
- The back squats require a bar located behind the neck, resting on the shoulders.
- The front squats are executed with the same bar, this time located in the front of the shoulders.
- They can also be performed with dumbbells resting on the shoulders or with the arms extended along the body.
To perform them properly, separate feet should be located, aligned with the hips. They bend their knees and push their hips back, as if they wanted to take them to the floor. Once the thighs are parallel to the surface, extend the legs to return to the initial position.
Lunges or lunges
They are also compound exercises to stimulate quadriceps, hips and calves. They are very simple to make and have three variants that you can choose from.
- The traditional lunge starts in a staggered position. You must move forward with one foot, return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the other leg.
- The back lunges are very similar, but instead of moving forward, the leg is brought back from the body.
- The lunges with displacement, as the name implies, do not require returning to the initial position to change the leg, it is advanced by doing the thrusts alternately.
The appropriate way to do them is to start with the staggered posture, with the back straight while the front knee is flexed and the back is brought to the floor. Retakes the initial position while maintaining balance.
With this exercise the hamstring muscles are stimulated. It can be done with the help of a bar or a dumbbell. With the back and knees, erect and the weight in front of the thighs, tilt the waist down, as if you wanted to touch the feet. Then it returns to the starting position.
Press or leg press
Unlike the previous exercises, for this yes you require a specific machine that you can find in any gym. You can add or remove weight depending on your physical condition and the muscular resistance that you have developed.
To do it properly:
- First of all you should sit on a bench that has a slight inclination for the back and feet supported on the iron of the machine. The knees should be bent and your hands supported on the lateral supports.
- The exercise consists in pushing the iron with the feet stretching the legs to lift the weights. You will feel that the work is focused on the muscles. Then the weight should be discharged again in the flexed knees.
When performing this exercise you should avoid stretching the legs completely, the knees should be slightly bent to avoid the risk of injury. With the passage of practice you will be able to increase the initial weight that you load in the machine.
Bridge with bar
With your back resting on a bench, and a bar resting on your hips, support the weight of your body on the knees and the part of the back that is supported. Raise your hips to raise the bar simulating the shape of a bridge.
This exercise is ideal for strengthening muscles, however you should make additional efforts to gain muscle mass.
Keep all these changes in your daily routine to achieve the results you expect. If you want to have a healthy process that will last over time, put these recommendations into practice.
Any change you want to make in your body, should be implemented progressively to avoid health problems. Gain and loss of weight can be achieved healthily and without causing you harm.
If you know of any other action that helps people who want bigger and toned legs and hips, share it in the comments section. The community will be happy to receive your recommendations and learn about your personal experience.