Jen Selter Diet – A healthy diet prevents nutritional deficiencies and protects against infectious diseases. A good diet should be varied and rich in nutrients that can improve the body’s defenses. For food to be healthy it must be composed of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, vitamins, calcium and other minerals. This is achieved by varying the types of cereals, meats, vegetables and fruits that you consume, alternating the colors of the food. Yes, everything in moderation, nothing in excess. Before we go into Jen Selter Diets or her Meal plan we are going to first introduce you to 19 steps you can take for a healthy lifestyle which you could also be combined with Jen Selter meal plan.
If you are interested, look at our article on the best foods to improve brain performance, or check what vitamin deficiencies you have and what you need in this article about essential vitamins for health.
THE 19 SIMPLE STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO PROMOTE HEALTHY EATING
- Before breakfast, that is, fasting, drink a glass of water with half a lemon squeezed. See the benefits that water with natural lemon can bring in our article.
- The consumption of fruits and vegetable increases and varies. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. The vitamins and minerals work with proper maintenance and functioning of the body. Fiber regulates intestinal function, giving a feeling of fullness, and can prevent various diseases.
- Eat legumes at least once a day. Varies types of legumes and various preparation methods.
- Reduce salt consumption Remove the salt shaker from the table. Sodium is essential for the proper functioning of the body but in excess, it can lead to an increase in blood pressure (hypertension) and other diseases. Avoid prepared spices, canned foods, and sausages. Use fresh herbs to improve the flavor of your meals.
- Do not eat a diet based on a single type of food or nutrient. Try to vary most foods.
- Reduce the intake of high-fat foods such as meat with visible fat, sausages, bologna, fried foods and snacks, up to a maximum of 1 time per week. Prefers cooked or baked foods, low-fat milk, yogurt and white cheese.
- With respect to the meat, try to vary the types during the week with chicken, turkey, tenderloin, pork and preferably, consume them only once a day.
- Make at least 4 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks! Do not skip meals. For the snack and dessert, choose the fruit and moderate the portions.
- Keep your weight within healthy limits: Check if your BMI (Body Mass Index) is between 18.5 to 24.9 kg / m2. The BMI shows if your weight is appropriate for your height.
- Eat foods rich in sugar, such as candy, cakes and cookies, in moderation. Always choose products made with whole grains/seeds.
- Instead of refined sugar, use brown sugar.
- Enjoy your food and eat slowly. Make your meal a reunion with your family. Do not eat watching television or reading books and magazines. Take the time to make your meals a moment of great pleasure.
- Include vegetables in the main meals.
- Include garlic and onions in your diet. This combination prevents many diseases.
- Take more natural juices. With this you will naturally avoid the consumption of soft drinks, if you need help with some recipes, do not miss our article about recipes for natural green juices.
- Do not overdo it with coffee: no more than 2 cups a day.
- Do you want to stop consuming a harmful food? Do not buy it! (Simple, but it works).
- Drink water! Lots of water! 70% of our body is constituted by water. Therefore, the average daily consumption should be at least 1.5 liters. Moderates alcohol and soft drinks . 1 ml of alcohol provide 7 kcal! Prefers fresh fruit juices or frozen pulp.
- Get active! Besides taking care of your diet, it is super important that you practice a physical activity. Walk at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. This routine will also improve your health!
HOW TO CARRY OUT THE PREVIOUS TIPS
- Start with the steps you think are easiest to adapt to create a change in your and your family’s eating habits. Check with them what you can do each day.
- The habit is acquired with patience and persistence and it is a matter of time.
- When you feel that the step is already part of your routine, go to the next one.
- The healthy eating can and should be appetizing. See easy recipes for the consumption of foods that will be part of your new habits.
Our nutrition advice is not intended to replace a medical consultation. The information disclosed in this article is intended to provide general guidance that can not be applied to specific cases. Always consult your doctor or nutritionist about what foods are appropriate in your case
Jen Selter Diet Plan
Jen Selter believes that eating healthy is as important as exercising for a fit body. She does not follow any fixed diet plan! instead, eats everything in moderate quantities. Jen Selter’s diet includes-
- Breakfast is the most important meal for Jen and her day starts with egg whites and toast or oatmeal with fresh juice.
- For lunch, she prefers a large bowl of salad with lots of veggies
- Protein bar is her go-to snack whenever she feels hungry
- Her dinner consists of either grilled chicken with veggies or pasta.
- She loves to indulge in sushi
- For desserts, she has a bar of dark chocolate
- She stays away from over processed foods and eats every few hours to keep her metabolism running.
Jen Selter Workout Routine & Diet Plan – Best Health Tips
Many Loved This – Top Jen Selter Workout Videos + 9 Best Exercises To Lose Belly at Home