Maca Peruana – This article will be focused on the Benefits, Properties and Magical Effects On Your Health. The Maca Peruana is very similar to a radish-shaped, however, is slightly larger in size. The root is three to six inches wide and 4.7 inches long. It is cultivated at an altitude of 2700 to 4,300 meters above sea level, and has been cultivated in the Peruvian Andes for almost 2,600 years.
Although indigenous populations have known it for centuries, maca is quite new in the Western world as a commercial supplement, but is rapidly gaining in popularity due to its amazing healing properties.
The health benefits of maca have been known since time immemorial even before the arrival of the Spaniards in Peru. The natives used maca not only as an aphrodisiac, but also as a powerful herb to heal many diseases. During the Spanish colonization of Peru, maca was used by the Incas to pay taxes.
There are four recognized types of maca root depending on the color of the root, ranging from yellow-cream color or light pink to dark violet or black.
Maca Peruana Properties
- Peruvian maca has a nutritional profile similar to that of cereals: 60% carbohydrates, 10% protein, 8.5% fiber and 2.2% fat.
- Maca powder has about 10 percent protein that contains seven of the eight essential amino acids. But it is not a complete protein, maca is an excellent source of amino acids.
- The lipid content of Peruvian maca is about 2.2 percent, including linolenic acid, palmitic acid and oleic acid.
- Maca is also a good source of sterols, which have proven very effective in boosting the immune system.
- It is also rich in bioavailable minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, iron, zinc, copper, selenium, iodine, bismuth, manganese, silicon and tin. It is ideal for remineralization.
- Litter contains B vitamins, which are energy vitamins such as vitamin B1 and B2, vitamin C and vitamin E.
What is the Maca Peruana?
Maca contains proteins, essential amino acids, carbohydrates, fibers and vitamins (B1, B2, B6), as well as minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. Thanks to these nutritional components we can enjoy its health properties:
- It contributes to the recovery of energy expenditure and reduces fatigue
- Increases vitality
- Increases libido in men and women
- It is a hormonal regulator, at all levels (pituitary and hypothalamus)
- Improves some cases of infertility in men and women
- It alleviates menstrual cycles of the woman (dysmenorrhea or menstrual cramps, pain during menstruation, discomfort during menstruation, etc.)
- Due to its antioxidant properties it slows aging, the effects we can notice especially in the face
- Strengthens hair
- Strengthens bone growth
- Relieves chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, as it increases natural adrenaline
- It is a powerful anti-stress supplement
- Relieves bone and muscle pain, such as rheumatism, arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Increases brain circulation, which improves memory and concentration
Benefits and indications of Peruvian Maca
- It increases strength and libido, endurance, athletic performance and overall feeling of well-being. Maca is an adaptogen, helps our body to adapt to stress situations, increases the body’s ability to defend against physical and mental weakening.
- It regulates and enhances the function of the endocrine system, the glands that produce the hormones required for essential bodily and metabolic functions such as fertility, sexual function, digestion, brain and nervous system physiology, and energy levels. Hormones regulate many things, including mood, growth, sexual development, and tissue function. Hormones also play a role in many diseases, such as cancer and depression.
- In order to achieve the best results it is advisable to consume between 1 and 3 tablespoons of litter powder per day. If the daily intake, it is best to get rid of one day each week. You can consume it well only with water or by mixing it with vegetables, soups or broths.
- Supports the adrenal glands, maintaining the general health of the body in stressful situations.
- It has an analgesic effect, thanks to Paulo and saponins, which gives it the power to alleviate pain and act as expectorant and sedative.
- Women have found that it helps relieve the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause
- Men have been used to increase fertility and sexual function. For this reason, he earned the nickname “Viagra of Nature.”
- Deeper sleep
- Improves memory and brain function
- Slows the aging process
- Reverses vaginal dryness
Peruvians consume the cooked gurney but have prepared it in different ways. Also fermented, like beer. It can also be baked, cooked and mixed with milk, like cereal, or pureed and dried like flour.
Peruvian Maca increases the chances of getting pregnant
Much of the recent popularity of the use of litter is undoubtedly due to claims that it can increase fertility and promote pregnancy. In fact, since ancient times, Andean shamans have traditionally used maca to increase fertility in animals and humans.
More recently, Dr. Gloria Chacón de Popovici published her study of the effect of litter on animal fertility in 1961, where increased fertility in rats, dogs, guinea pigs, sheep, cows and humans was evident. Dr. Chacón determined that litter by acting on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland and the adrenal glands increased libido, energy and vitality, improving testosterone, progesterone and DHEA (youth hormone) levels.
The findings of this research indicate that litter is a superfood capable of increasing fertility and can be extremely helpful to those trying to conceive a child. Maca can also help women produce more milk after pregnancy.
How to take Maca Peruana?
We can get Peruvian maca in tablets or powder. In powder we choose if we want to control the dose we take better, since it is recommended to start with little and increase, because it is very energizing. We should always take it in the morning.
- The maintenance dose is 3 grams per day (about one teaspoon of mocha)
- For severe and acute cases (for example, in infertility) can take from 6 to 9 grams daily
- Children should take half the dose, and even start for less and increase to control that does not stimulate them too much.
- You can take it mixed with juice.