Moose’s Chocolate Mousse Recipe – here is a new and lovely mouth watering dessert . Our friend Moose lives in high country where moose are a regular sight (thus the nickname). Moose (the 2 legged one) serves the best chocolate mousse I’ve ever tasted! This recipe yields 8 individual servings (or 4 with second helpings!) we are telling you that you won’t be disappointed with this. Also try out one of our favorite that we love to call Recipe For Frozen Cranberry Dessert – Where Taste Meets Perfection we enjoyed this one a lot and we know you will.
Moose’s Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Ingredients: Moose’s Chocolate Mousse Recipe
6 one ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
4 Tablespoons of salted butter
8 pasteurized eggs, separated (will need yolks & whites)
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 Tablespoons of water
1 and 1/4 cup of sugar
2 Tablespoons of vanilla (can use a favorite liqueur instead)
Preparation Steps: Moose’s Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl, add the butter and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Stir and continue microwaving in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is smooth.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks are formed.
- Stir 2/3 cup of sugar into the 5 Tablespoons of water and bring to a boil in the microwave.
- Slowly pour this hot liquid into the egg whites, beating continuously.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the sugar with the egg yokes and beat for about a minute.
- Add the chocolate once it has cooled and blend. Add the vanilla and blend again.
- Using a spatula, fold in the egg whites until well blended and divide into individual bowls.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Moose tops ours with a bit of whipped cream and fresh berries. Yum!
“Moose’s Chocolate Mousse Recipe ” – The Taste Tested For Heaven: We know that you will love this so give us your ratings on this marvelous recipe below and share.