Quick Chia Recipes – This seed comes from a plant considered mint family and it is said that its countries of origin are Mexico and Guatemala, so for the Aztecs and Mayans, it was considered a very important and irreplaceable food. However, it is a recent addition to the daily diet and is considered a great food to care for and maintain a healthy life. They are black or white and contain a lot of concentrated omega-3 fats and lots of fiber, as well as calcium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin B1, B2 and B3.
How is it consumed? It is very easy to include it in the daily diet, since both whole and ground seed can be eaten taking into account that white provides more protein than black seed that contains more fibers. It is wrong to call them whole grain, because they are really seeds that have high resistance to pests and therefore for their growth is not necessary to use pesticides.
If you want to know more about this superfood do not miss this article, Chia: Side Effects, Benefits, How to lose weight and Best brands to buy.
INDEX OF THE ARTICLE
- 1 TAPIOCA WITH CHIA
- 2 CITRUS SMOOTHIE WITH WATERCRESS AND CHIA
- 2.1 Ingredients
- 2.2 Preparation
- 3 QUINOA SALAD WITH CHIA (FOR 5 PEOPLE)
- 3.1 Ingredients
- 3.2 Preparation
- 4 SWEET CREPES WITH CHIA (FOR 5 PEOPLE)
- 4.1 Ingredients
- 4.2 Preparation
- 5 BANANA CAKE WITH CHIA
- 5.1 Ingredients
- 5.2 Preparation
- 6 PUDDING WITHOUT CHIA OVEN, LACTOSE-FREE YOGURT, STRAWBERRY AND MANGO (FOR 4 PEOPLE)
- 6.1 Ingredients
- 6.2 Preparation
- 7 COOKIES WITH CHIA (+/- 40 SERVINGS)
- 7.1 Ingredients
- 7.2 Preparation
- 8 TUNA COVERED WITH CHIA SEED AND SOY SAUCE
- 8.1 Ingredients
- 8.2 Preparation
- 9 RECIPES WITH CHÍA FAST AND SIMPLE
- 9.1 Crackers (or crackers)
- 9.2 Lime water with chia seeds
- 9.3 Whole grain bread with seeds and oats
- 9.4 Chía y avena
- 9.5 Jam of fruits and chia seeds
- 10 BENEFITS OF CHÍA
- 11 CONTRAINDICATIONS OF CHIA SEEDS
TAPIOCA WITH CHIA
Tapioca is a kind of granulated starch that is extracted from yucca and we will explain how you can prepare it. You will need as ingredients: ⅓ cup of chia seeds, 2 cups of coconut or almond milk, ½ cup of grated coconut, 4 cups of fruit to choose (strawberry, mango or the desired), grated orange and a little juice, 1 tablespoon vanilla and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Take 4 glasses and add a portion of the chopped fruit.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients: vegetable milk, seeds, orange juice and its grated rind, vanilla and cinnamon.
- That mixture should be added on each glass so that the fruits are on the bottom.
- Top it with shredded coconut and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- You must serve it cold.
CITRUS SMOOTHIE WITH WATERCRESS AND CHIA
Take a smoothie or juice can significantly improve your health and the functioning of your body, however, remember that these do not work miracles. This juice that we propose below helps reduce levels of hypercholesterolemia, cleanses your body, helps to get rid of fluid retention, provides nutrients and provides a lot of fiber thanks to the use of chia seeds.
- 1 handful of watercress,
- 1 apple (with skin, without seeds, or bone),
- 2 lemons (the juice),
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 touch of sweetener to taste
- First, water the cress, the chopped apple, the chia and the juice of the two lemons.
- You must beat it very well to form a very homogeneous mixture and sweeten if you wish.
- The ideal is to consume it in the morning.
More information about Green Leaves: Side Effects, Benefits, Properties and Healthier Types
QUINOA SALAD WITH CHIA (FOR 5 PEOPLE)
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 5 slices of pineapple,
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1 cucumber,
- 5 teaspoons of chia seeds,
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wash the quinoa until the water comes out clear and not white.
- Measure a cup of quinoa and two cups of water and boil it with the pinch of salt. Remove from heat when water has almost evaporated.
- Wash and cut the spinach
- Place the spinach in a large bowl.
- Cut the pineapple and cucumber into squares and add to the bowl along with the spinach.
- In the pot where you cooked the quinoa, add the chia. Stir and pour in the bowl along with the other ingredients.
Ready to enjoy!
Learn more about Quinoa: Contraindications, Benefits, Properties and how to include it in our Diet
SWEET PANCAKES WITH CHIA (FOR 5 PEOPLE)
Crepes or pancakes are as delicious as healthy and nutritious.
- 60 grams of chia seeds,
- 150 gr of oat flakes
- 4 bananas
- 50 milliliters of water,
- cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Place the oats and bananas in a container, mixing well until the ingredients are united.
- With the water, you should hydrate the chia and then add to the preparation of the previous point.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a little of the mixture in a circular way. Let brown and turn over with a spatula. Repeat the procedure as many times as necessary until the mixture is finished or you have the desired portions already prepared.
- You can decorate to your liking if you wish it with the topping of your preference. Put marmalade, syrup or diced fruit.
If you want more information see this article Cinnamon: Side Effects, Benefits, Home Remedies and Tea Recipes
BANANA CAKE WITH CHIA
- 180 grams of gluten-free flour,
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon of chemical yeast,
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda,
- 4 ripe bananas,
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds,
- two teaspoons of liquid vanilla,
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable milk ,
- 2 tablespoons of honey,
- 125 ml olive oil,
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- a few nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix the chia with the vegetable milk and stir. Let it rest for a while and go through the following steps.
- In a container or bowl you should sift the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, yeast, bicarbonate and salt.
- In another container and with a fork crush the bananas until there is a kind of puree. Add the vanilla, the mixture of chia with milk, sugar, honey and oil.
- Join both mixtures until I was homogenous.
- Place it in a mold with vegetable paper and decorate the chopped nuts on top.
- Bake 35 minutes and check with a toothpick that the inside is made.
- Allow to cool, unmold and serve.
PUDDING WITHOUT CHIA OVEN, LACTOSE-FREE YOGURT, STRAWBERRY AND MANGO (FOR 4 PEOPLE)
In short, this is a way of consuming chia in a different, fun and delicious way. The best thing is that it will only take 10 minutes to prepare it and it is a great source of fiber, calcium and proteins that give you a feeling of fullness very quickly, have good fats and a low amount of calories.
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds,
- 200 ml. of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener to taste,
- 2 natural yogurt without lactose,
- 1/2 handle,
- 4 strawberries
- Ginger (optional)
- Before starting to prepare it, you should soak the chia with coconut milk, an hour or so. Move at times until its texture becomes gelatinous.
- Chop the fruits into small pieces.
- Take a bowl and add the chia mixture, yogurt and sweetener.
- Take the glasses where you are going to place the preparation and put in the bottom the pieces of mango with a bit of grated ginger.
- Add a layer of pudding and on that the pieces of strawberries.
The milk you choose is to your liking and can be any vegetable milk or fruit juice. You can even shred the chia with cocoa powder if you wish.
We teach you all the necessary information about fruit juices. 20 PERFECT combinations and their Benefits for Health
COOKIES WITH CHIA (+/- 40 PORTIONS)
An excellent recipe to share with friends or family in any special meeting.
- 1 medium egg,
- 350 grs. Of flour,
- 150 grs. of chia seeds,
- 175 grs. of brown sugar,
- 225 grs. of ointment butter,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- liquid vanilla (optional).
- Beat the egg and sugar and then add the salt, butter (it should be soft) and vanilla.
- Sift over the flour and then unite everything well.
- Finally, add the chia seeds watered throughout the mixture until a manageable and slightly sticky dough.
- That mass should be divided into two parts. One of them is placed on the table and crushed to form a cylinder of the thickness desired by the person. Wrap in foil and repeat this step with the remaining dough.
- Let the dough cool and then proceed to make the cookies. If you are not going to use all the dough at the moment, you can freeze one of them and prepare it another time.
- Remove the film and begin slicing the dough to form the cookies.
- Put on a tray that should have sulfurized baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C and when you put it down to 180 ° C for about 12 minutes or when they begin to brown at the edges.
- When ready, remove from the oven, let cool and serve in a beautiful presentation for you or your guests.
TUNA COVERED WITH CHIA SEED AND SOY SAUCE
And since not everything can be sweet, we leave you this exquisite dish of tuna with chia seeds for what you need
- 500 grams of tuna loin,
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce,
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice,
- 1 orange (juice),
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk,
- 4 tablespoons of pepper,
- 1 cup of chia seed
- Start by mixing the soy sauce, the lemon juice, the orange juice and the olive oil.
- Take the tuna and place to marinate in this mixture for about 20 minutes.
- In addition, beat the yolk with ½ cup of water.
- Place the pepper and chia on a plate. Then when the tuna is macerated you should pass it through the beaten yolk and finally the mixture of chia and pepper.
- Take the olive oil and place it in a pan to grill the tuna on both sides.
You can accompany a rich salad, rice or vegetables.
RECIPES WITH CHÍA FAST AND SIMPLE
SALTY CRACKERS (OR CRACKERS)
To which you can place the preference topping, cheeses, jams, natural creams or simply consume them alone as a snack and quench hunger. They have unsaturated fats, antioxidants and are delicious.
LIME WATER WITH CHIA SEEDS
This drink has a different flavor and thanks to the chia its consistency is different. So if you’re in training, prepare it to hydrate or just consume it to accompany your healthy foods and meals.
WHOLE WHEAT BREAD WITH SEEDS AND OATS
- 500 grams of organic wholemeal flour
- 350 ml of water (depends on the flour may need a little more water)
- 7 grs of fresh baker’s yeast (1-2 grs of dry yeast)
- 17 grs of salt
- Chia seeds to taste
- Oatmeal to taste
- Olive oil
- You heat the water in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, it is warm but not hot.
- In a large bowl you undo the yeast and let stand 5 minutes
- Include the 500 grams of wholemeal flour and stir it until there is a more or less uniform paste
- Add the oats and the Chia Seeds and stir a little more (if you include it in the previous step, some of the flour may not be integrated as it should be)
- Let rest and relax the dough 10 minutes.
- Spread the work table with olive oil (previously cleaned) and pour the whole dough on the table greased in oil (the dough will be sticky, NEVER include more flour)
- Knead for 20-30 seconds and roll at the end.
- Spread a bowl with oil and let another 10 minutes relax to the dough.
- Repeat the previous operation on the table and kneading twice more.
- The dough will be much more elastic after these short kneading and the time comes for the first fermentation. To do this, cover the dough ball in the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest until it has doubled in size.
- The time at an ambient temperature of 25-30 ºC is one hour or 1 + 1/2 hours, if you are in a geographical area with a lower temperature, you can do the following: put the oven at 160ºC º minute and turn it off, you put the bowl in the oven off to make the first fermentation and close the door.
- Once the size of the dough is doubled, floured a little the work table and overturn the dough to remove air, make one or two loaves (to taste) and let stand 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes we give the desired shape tensing the dough on the table and let the second fermentation.
- If we have a baking stone we will have to preheat the oven one hour before at 225-230ºC from this moment, otherwise it is best to preheat the oven at maximum power 20-25 minutes before we introduce the bread.
- We leave the bread in the bowl or linen cloths covered and very well floured about an hour until almost double the volume, if you press with a finger the dough, you will see that it still regains its shape when released.
- Greñamos the dough (grind is to make cuts as we like with a very sharp knife or razor blades so that the dough grows there while it is baked) and moisten with water spray.
- We introduce the bread on the baking stone or if we do not have in the bottom of the oven (without tray).
- We must put a glass of water the first 10-20 minutes until it evaporates and has moisture that allows it to grow without hardening the crust. We have a tray on the bottom with porous stones that are hot, preheat the oven 1 hour and pour the glass of water on them creating the precious vapor.
- If we have left the big loaf we let bake about 40-50 minutes if they are smaller we can leave it 5-10 minutes less.
- The way to know if the bread is ready is to strike the base of the bread with your fingers and if it sounds hollow, it is finished.
- At this point we turn off the oven and let rest in it 10-20 minutes more with the door open, then we take it out and let it cool (who resists the temptation not to eat it) in a rack.
A great substitute for white bread that is purchased in bakeries or supermarkets. You can anoint it with whatever you want, its preparation is quick and simple and thanks to the chia you get better benefits as you are in the presence of high levels of fiber, minerals, vegetable proteins and antioxidants. Elements and characteristics very difficult to find in common breads.
In addition you will be surprised what this bread holds without getting hard after being opened. Going back to buy industrial bread ?
CHIA AND OATS
It is an excellent choice for breakfast and helps you start the day with energy. You can easily replace the classic box cereals or the common oatmeal with milk. So this option, besides being different, will give you a good amount of nutrients and vitamins.
Also to vary it get out of the monotony of always eating the same.
JAM OF FRUITS AND CHIA SEEDS
We make the basic preparation for any type of basic jam by substituting the sugar for Chia seeds.
These jams are perfect for placing them in cookies, crepes and even fruit. Eliminating the high sugar consumption of classic jams and adding good essential fats, minerals and fibers thanks to the chia seed. It’s a pretty light option, but delicious and perfect for a snack.
For more information, see our articles on:
Oats: Side Effects and Contraindications, Benefits and Main Uses
Lemon: Benefits and Recipes to Lose Weight Quickly
BENEFITS OF CHIA
For a more complete information, we leave you the direct link to the part of the article that talks about the benefits of Chia .
The nutrients that they possess are very varied and their benefits are directly related to the body and also to the brain, so we will mention what are the most important contributions you can get from this seed:
- By soaking the chia in water or liquids, a gelatinous layer is formed that prevents the blood sugar peaks from forming, which means that its benefit is being studied to improve type 2 diabetes by stopping digestion.
- One of its great benefits is that by consuming it you get the recommended amount of fiber that an adult should consume daily. Then adding it to the daily diet will ensure the intake of the necessary dose. The recommendation is 30 grams of chia which contain 11 grams of fiber.
- The good state of the brain is essential, so consuming 30 grams of chia will provide approximately 5 grams of fatty acids, omega 3 .
- Its consumption allows you to help prevent the development of osteoporosis , in addition to ensuring healthy bones and teeth , strong and in good condition. This due to their high dose of calcium they possess.
- Perhaps manganese is little known, but this mineral also benefits the bones and allows the body to use other types of nutrients such as biotin and thiamine.
- Its phosphorus content condense proteins that allow growth to be given and additionally restore different cells and tissues of the body.
- They do not have cholesterol and if you are vegetarian or vegan, this seed is perfect because its source of protein is high. The recommended is to consume 28 grams of chia to obtain 4.4 grams of protein.
- As we discussed earlier, it regulates blood sugar so it acts against insulin resistance. If this occurs, a decrease in the fat located in the abdomen can be seen.
- It improves your mood, regulates appetite and sleep thanks to the presence of an amino acid called tryptophan.
- Lowers bad cholesterol and triglycerides in turn that contributes to the improvement of blood pressure in people with diabetes, also increases the levels of good cholesterol.
- Additionally they have the capacity and the power to absorb liquids, they give a feeling of satiety , which translates into your body being full longer than usual, they give energy and have vitamin C , that is, great antioxidant power.
Here we show you the benefits of vitamins in your health:
- The importance of Vitamin C for the skin
- Ranking of 50 foods with more Vitamin C
- Vitamin C: Discover everything it does for you!
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF CHIA SEEDS
For more complete information, we leave you the direct link to the part of the article that talks about the Side Effects and contraindications of Chia seeds.
As any product or food is not perfect and it is important that you know what contraindications and side effects this healthy seed can have. However, this will depend on the reaction of each organism, remembering that it does not have to be the same for all people.
- Due to its high amount of fiber, its consumption can cause gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea, bloating or gas.
- Its use should be evaluated if you suffer from low blood pressure or you are under anticoagulant treatment, since its high content of omega-3 fatty acids can make the blood thinner, so before starting its consumption it is advisable to consult the doctor if there will be no inconveniences.
- There is a possibility that it will stimulate excessively those medicines that are consumed to control the level of blood sugar.
- If after consuming it you suffer from rashes, watery eyes, hives, it is difficult to breathe, you present vomit, diarrhea and even your tongue becomes inflamed means you are allergic to this seed. Although this does not happen commonly, it is advisable to suspend its consumption and consult a specialist.
- If it is in the process of pregnancy, it is best to consult the doctor before ingesting the chia seeds to avoid any risk to the baby and the health of the mother.