Before embarking on a routine of this type, it will be understood that increasing the intensity of the workouts and working more with two muscular frames in each session is not the best way for the muscles to develop.
The following is information to assess about the benefits of the 5-day routine and what to know before starting any new training session.
3 Benefits of a 5-day training
1. Increase in volume
With training you will devote all the attention to one part of the muscles per day, so that each one has between 6 to 8 exercises per week.
A training like this high volume is very beneficial to stimulate the growth of muscle mass, which makes this weekly routine one of the preferred by those who train.
2. Recovery time
The muscles gain up to a week of rest with a workout of this type. That they do not recover will reduce their strength and thus make it impossible to lift much weight in the next session. If there is no weight, there is no muscle gain.
3. More variety
The training will not be boring because every day there will be different types of exercises.
3 Tips for before you start with the 5 day training
Before starting the training the following steps will be remembered:
- To warm
It will warm up with low weight before starting any exercise to improve the flexibility of the muscles and increase blood flow, which will prevent injuries.
2. Drink water
Sufficient water will be drunk before and during training. It will begin to take one or two hours before starting.
3. Weight is not included
The weight to be included in each exercise will be based on the strength and resistance to pain of each person. If there is no pain, the training will not be giving results.
First day of training: chest
1. Flat bench press with bar
- Lie down on the bench and grab the bar with a width of shoulders.
- Lower the weight until the shoulders are at 90 degrees and continue down to touch the chest.
- Climb the bar without fully stretching the arms and without sticking your elbows.
- Make 4 sets of 8 repetitions.
2. Bench press inclined with dumbbells
- The bank will be tilted 45 degrees.
- Take a dumbbell in each hand and raise it before going to bed.
- Place the elbows on the sides at 90 degrees.
- Fully stretch the arms up.
- Return the dumbbells to the starting position.
- Perform 4 sets of 8 repetitions each.
3. Dumbbell openings on incline bench
- Rest your back on the bench and place the dumbbells up with arms outstretched and hands clasped.
- Remove the dumbbells to the sides with the arms straight until the elbows are at 90 degrees.
- Re-raise the dumbbells until the arm is stretched again.
- Repeat 4 sets of 12 repetitions.
4. Crossing of pulleys for chest
- Position yourself a little more ahead of the pulleys and with one foot in front of the other.
- Grasp them with each hand and pull the cables with the arms straight and the elbows slightly bent towards the front. It will not be correct to catch momentum.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
- Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions each.
5. Press inclined with bar
- Take a full grip of the bar when lying down.
- Remove the bar from the support and keep it above with the arms stretched.
- Lower the bar to the upper chest and then lift it again.
- Leave the bar again in the support when finished.
- Do 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
6. Openings in pectoral contraction machine
- Adjust the seat of the machine so that the elbows are at chest level.
- First, grab the weights on one side and then the other to avoid injury.
- Push the weight forward and the elbows down. Return to the starting position and repeat.
- Keep your eyes straight ahead without leaning and your back straight throughout the exercise.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Perform 3 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions for each one.
The second day of training: shoulders
1. Military press with standing bar
- Arrange the feet at a slightly wider distance from the shoulders.
- Take the bar keeping the elbows at 90 degrees and the wrists at shoulder height. This will be the initial position.
- Raise the bar above the head as much as possible and return to the starting position.
- Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
2. Lateral lifts with dumbbells
- Keep the head aligned with the spine throughout the exercise and the torso slightly inclined.
- Hold a dumbbell on each side of the body and lift them until they are at shoulder level, not forward, but at the sides.
- Bend the wrist during the ascent so that the thumbs look down at the top of the movement.
- Lower the dumbbells without letting them rest on the thighs.
- Perform 4 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
3. Dumbbell shoulder press
- Keep the dumbbells on the sides of the head with the palms in front and the elbows at 90 degrees, seated and with the back straight.
- Lift the weights until you stretch your arms. Download them again.
- Repeat 4 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
4. Front dumbbell shoulder lifts
Perform 4 sets of 8 repetitions each.
5. Rear dumbbell lifts
- Exercise to be done upside down. Two dumbbells are raised on the sides in the form of a butterfly.
- Do 4 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
6. Front elevations with bar
- Take the bar with your hands spaced shoulder width apart.
- Put one foot back to avoid bowing the body.
- Bend your knees a little.
- Lift the bar forward with the abdomen and buttocks tight, up to the height of the mouth. Lower slowly with the body straight and without swaying.
- Do series of 10 to 12 repetitions.
7. Shrug with dumbbells
- Stand up, shrug your shoulders holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Repeat 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Third day of training: legs
1. Squats with dumbbells
Perform 4 sets of 8 repetitions each.
2. Leg press
With 4 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions will suffice. The back will be kept straight and the weight will be dropped in 3 seconds.
3. Squat Hack
- Arrange the legs almost to the end of the support.
- Perform 4 series with 10 repetitions.
4. Leg extensions
- Exercise to work the quadriceps. If it is with a machine, first choose the weight. If not, it will only be necessary to sit and raise the legs with the weight itself.
- There will be 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
5. Curl of legs lying down
Exercise for legs and glutes. There will be 3 sets of 15 repetitions each.
6. Heel lifts with machine
There will be 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
Fourth day of training: back
1. Rowing with bar
- Take the bar in front and stand up.
- Lean a little forward and pull the bar towards the stomach.
- Return it without leaving it on the ground. Repeat.
- Do 4 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions.
2. Dominated with wide grip
Repeat 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
3. Pull to the chest with narrow grip
Perform 4 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions each.
4. Rowing T bar
There will be 4 series of 8 to 10 repetitions.
5. One-handed dumbbell rowing
Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions for each arm.
6. Back hyperextension
There will be 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
7. Pulley to the chest
Finish with 3 sets of only 15 repetitions.
Fifth day of training: arms
1. Curl with Z bar
Start with 4 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
2. Dumbbell curl sitting two hands
Perform 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
3. Alternative hammer-type biceps curl
There will be 4 series of 10 to 12 repetitions.
4. Preacher in machine or bicep curl in Scott machine
Do 3 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
5. Extensions in the high pulley with rope
There will be 4 series of 15 to 20 repetitions.
6. Extension of triceps to two hands with dumbbells
Do 4 sets of 12 to 14 repetitions.
7. French press with Z bar
Add 3 series of 12 to 15 repetitions.
8. Bench press with narrow grip
Finish the week with 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
If you liked this article, share it with your friends on social networks, so that you also know the gym routine of only 5 days.
Robin Gallant Workout and Routines
BUILD YOUR HAMSTRINGS & BOOTY | Deadlifts for Glutes vs Hammies? Full Workout
GROW YOUR BOOTY AT HOME | Complete Glutes & Legs Workout with Limited / No Equipment
GROW YOUR BUTT Scientific Glute Workout Guide | BOOTY TRAINING SCIENCE Pt.2
Informative Home Glute Workout | BURN BOOTY BURN
FULL SHOULDER WORKOUT + UPPER BODY MOBILITY & STRETCHING ROUTINE // stretches to FIX BAD POSTURE!
MY LIP INJECTION EXPERIENCE + BARBELL ONLY BOOTY WORKOUT I Glute Exercises
LA ADVENTURES & FULL UPPER BODY WORKOUT
WINTER GYM LOOKBOOK | FULL GUIDE TO GYMSHARK | 6 Workout Outfit Ideas
5 GLUTE & LEG EXERCISES YOU NEED TO KNOW | BOOTY & HAMSTRING WORKOUT WITH BASIC GYM EQUIPMENT
SHOULDER WORKOUT + healthy take-out food FULL DAY OF EATING |
NEW KITTEN, BOOTY BUILDING, shoulder + back workout | taking instagram fashion pics
LEAN SHOULDERS & BACK FOR SUMMER Full Upper Body Workout & Warm Up
BACK ON TRACK w/full day of eating + workout | Diet Break Mini Series
Purpose: Hey everyone! Here is episode 1 of my getting back on track diet break mini series, before I start my official prep for the Olympia Expo. It’s a full day of eating with full back and shoulder training footage. Hope you like!
SHOULD EVERYONE SQUAT THE SAME WAY // My Full Leg Workout ft. Bae